Did you know that...
What's your benefit?
Gladiator has been updated to v2.6. The sound quality has been enhanced drastically. The update includes many improvements.
RayBlaster2 has been released!
It comes with a massive amount of new features, a pimped sound engine, a reworked user interface, better sound quality, over 500 additional patches, a patch browser, drag & drop modulation and many enhancements.
The Trance & EDM soundset, The Detonator and The SpaceTrip soundset for Icarus are available.
Nemesis v1.2 is available. The update includes many enhancements.
Icarus v1.1 is available. This huge update includes drag&drop support, a reworked user interface, many new features and big enhancements.
Show more details and news...
Gladiator 2.6 is 100% downward compatible with the previous version. All existing song projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary. They will benefit from the enhanced sound quality. The update is free for all Gladiator2 users.
- Drastically enhanced sound quality, especially if you run the plugin in 44khz
- More clean and detailed overall sound
- Enhanced sound of the filters: More linear frequency response for high cutoffs
- Enhanced sound of the effects section: Higher precesion interpolation
- Enhanced sound of the distortion: Added oversampling for more crisp sound
- Enhanced sound of the osciallors: Higher precesion interpolation
- Added a high-end resampling algorithm
- More linear frequency response, especially above 10 kHz
- More tight timing
- Enhanced stability
- More inituitive parameter names for automation
- More beautiful ligths for the buttons
- Fixed a possible pop sound on opening the plugin
- More robustness
- Less aggressive psychoacoustic processing
- Workaround for a host bug in Orion 8.6
- In the Mac version patches can now be renamed from within the plugin (if the host supports it)
- Several other minor fixes
March 2017 RayBlaster2 has been released
Since the list with the new features and enhancements is to large to be placed here, we created a separate page with all details.
February 2017 The Trance & EDM soundset for Icarus has been released
Huge supersaws, earth shattering bass and epic melodies. The energy raises from the build-up to the drop.
This set takes advantage of Icarus' powerful oscillator section and wavetable capabilities to deliver high powered sounds, which can act as the driving force in your productions. Whether you're looking for soaring leads, fresh synths, inspiring arps, vocal cuts, booming bass, crisp plucks or intense effects - it's all here!
This set is suitable for Trance, EDM, House, Hardstyle, Dance, Synthpop, Trap, Rave and many other electronic genres.
January 2017 Nemesis v1.2 has been released (PC & Mac)
The update is free and 100% downward compatible with all previous versions.
- Patches can be selected with up/down/left/right keys (if host supports it)
- Patches in the browser can be selected with the mousewheel (if host supports it)
- Better sound quality: New high-end resampling algorithm for linear frequency response over 12 kHz
- Better performance when patch browser is open
- Enhanced patch browser usability
- Workaround for buggy hosts, which forget noteOff commands. The Arp does not longer produce a hanging note
- Better compatibility with Fruity Loops
- Minor improvements with the mousewheel
- Enhanced stability
- Enhanced performance
- Enhanced compatibility
- Patch browser now saves rnk files within Nemesis_sounds directory
- Fixed a rarely appearing problem with nonstandard mouse drivers
- Fixed an exotic problem where menus did not work because of a badly configured Windows
- Fixed minor problems with the patch browser
- Fixed a possible crash in that could happen if plugin was closed quickly after loading
December 2016 The SpaceTrip soundset for Icarus has been released
Exploring the experimental and atmospheric side of icarus's 3D wavetable synthesis, the SpaceTrip set is filled with over 200 intricate sound impressions that will help you set the mood perfectly. Featuring otherworldly soundscapes, transcendental pads, organic drones, interstellar effects, abstract synths and comprehensive arpeggios. SpaceTrip is mysterious, evolving and packed with a wealth of creative twists for you to explore.
Perfect for many genres, such as Electronica, Cinematic, Soundtrack, Berlin School, Ambient, Film score, Atmospheric, Chillout, Space, Industrial, Trance, Hiphop, EDM and a wide variety of other music genres.
November 2016 The Detonator soundset for Icarus has been released
Focusing on the harder and twisted sides of EDM, Detonator includes a large amount of sustained, wobbling and mangled droid bass sounds. It also includes many detuned leads, growls and sweet pluck sounds. The set takes advantage of the many filter types and morphing capabilities Icarus has to offer.
This set works best for Dubstep, Complextro and Electro. However, it can easily be used for many other electronic genres, like House, Progressive, Trance, Trap etc.
November 2016 Icarus v1.1 has been released
This huge update includes a reworked user interface, a large number of new features and many enhancements. The update is free and 100% downward compatible with v1.0.
- Drag&Drop support: Drag LFO/ENV and drop it to a knob to create a matrix entry for modulation
- Right-click on a knob opens a menu where you can assign modulation sources
- Modulation depth control on top left of a knob if a source is assigned
- Sectors on knobs show the modulation amount. Clipping is shown in red.
- Hovering the mouse over a knob shows the current parameter value and modulation source
- The buttons of OSCs, Filters, LFOs, ENVs, which are inactive are grayed out
- Responsive GUI with Tooltips
- New waveform display mode 'Hypersaw', which shows the detuning of the oscillators
- help->Show version info
- Mouse cursor changes on editing halftones in arp
- Right click on a knob->reset initializes to the default value
- Visual feedback if a button in the wavetable editor is pressed
- TRIG button for the LFO section
- New sync mode for LFOs 'Arp/Lfo soft trig' which retriggers monophonic LFOs after 1 second of silence
- New sync mode for LFOs 'Arp/Lfo classic trig', which allows to set free mode for every LFO individually
- SEMI knob for the OSC section
- New matrix target 'Filter Balance'. It's useful to control the relationship of the filter volumes when two filters are routed in parallel.
- Drawing custom shapes with the STEP Lfo is more comfortable
- Better workflow
- Enhanced performance of the knobs
- Parameters are more easy to adjust
- Patch rankings are only stored when the user clicks on the stars
- Display mode is now 'smart' and tries to auto-detect the right one
- Polished some graphics
- Reduced RAM requirement. More instances can be loaded in 32 bit.
- Many other small enhancements for the user interface
- Quick save is more smart
- Category is rotating for a more comfortable patch browsing
- Workaround for buggy hosts which submit duplicate noteOn commands. The Arp does not longer produce hanging note
- Legato is more easy to setup
- Drag&Drop of a wav sample to the OSC display can now create a new resynthesized patch
- LFOs are more smart
- Mousewheel on Arp notes now selects octaves
- MONO in the LFO section has been replaced with TRIG
- Enhanced automation parameter naming
- On initializing a new patch the default mode is set to 'Arp/Lfo soft trig'
- OSC Punch and OSC Keyfollow button have been moved to SETUP
- Matrix source 'Filter Env' sometimes didn't work
- Removed a glitch from 'Alien Spaceship Mac.fxp'
- The browser of the Mac 64 bit version sometimes did display the stars of the first patch incorrectly
- In the previous beta quicksave was broken
- In the previous beta the vocoder's LFO did not trigger as expected
- Clicking below Vocoder in the wavetable editor did open an abandoned menu
October 2016 The Psychophonia soundset for Icarus has been released
Psychophonia contains 229 patches, ideal for Ambient, Berlin School, atmospheric or film score. Lush evolving sounds, arpeggiated patches, special effects, and a lot more make up this atmospheric weapon.
September 2016 The Electronix soundset for Icarus has been released
Let the music take control! Electronix is the first soundset for Icarus. It contains 213 patches suitable for a vast number of modern genres. It includes pumping basslines, powerful chords, impressive sequences, inspiring arpeggiators, unique vocals, cutting leads, exciting synths and morphing wobbles. The patches use the unique features of Icarus, like the 3D wavetable synthesis.
This set is perfect for modern genres, such as House, EDM, Dubstep, Electro, Complextro, Trap, Pop, Dance, Trance, Progressive, HipHop and a wide variety of other music genres.
August 2016 Icarus has been released
Icarus is an exceptionally powerful, new synthesizer with '3D wavetable synthesis'. It offers a fresh signature sound, which quickly catches your audiences' attention. The innovative resynthesis can rebuild any sound with a mouse-click. An easy to use interface and a massive amount of inspiring factory sounds allow you to create professional tracks rapidly and with very low effort. The sound quality surpasses conventional synths, however you don't need to own a NASA computer to be able to use Icarus, since it offers the best possible sound quality and low CPU requirement.
Show me details about older updates from 2005 - 2015...