RayBlaster2 - whats' new?
RayBlaster2 comes with a massive amount of new features, a pimped sound engine, a reworked user interface, over 500 additional patches, a patch browser, drag & drop modulation and many enhancements. We did not change the look and replace the GUI skin to make it look more 'new'. Instead of this we decided to invest our time into what's really important: The sound, the content and the workflow.
RayBlaster2 is 100% downward compatible with all previous versions. All existing song projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary. They will benefit from the enhanced sound quality.
Upgrade RayBlaster1 to RayBlaster2
Back to the RayBlaster2 product page
- Over 500 new patches by professional designers, the total number of patches has increased to 1076
- Added a comfortable patch browser
- Drag & Drop modulation: Drag an envelope or lfo and drop it to a knob to modulate it
- Midi learn support: Right-click on a knob to assign a CC
- The new synth engine is now able to create bass sounds and more realistic lowpass filter sweeps
- Hovering the mouse over a knob shows a box with information
- 39 DC waveform types have been added, which are suitable for bass and filter
- Right-click on a knob opens a menu where you can assign a massive amount of modulation sources
- Modulation depth control on top left of a knob if a source is assigned
- Sectors on knobs show the modulation amount
- A red sector is shown when clipping of modulation occurs
- Added a random patch generator: Edit->'Create random patch'
- Hovering the mouse over a knob shows the current parameter value and the modulation source
- 134 new impulse responses in wav format
- 10 additional high quality Reverb effects
- 5 additional delay effects
- 2 additional phaser effects
- 2 additional flanger effects
- 2 additional vibrato effects
- 1 additional chorus effect
- 1 additional tremolo effect
- 1 additional autopan effect
- Added 'Psychoacoustic+', a new psychoacoustic mode with more' presence'
- The patches can be ranked by clicking on the stars in the patch browser
- Patch rankings are stored as .rnk files within RayBaster_sounds
- Information tags (like legato, unison, etc) for every patch are shown in 'info' tab of the patch browser
- File->'Quick save patch' overwrites a patch with the new settings
- Additonal osc window functions 'Triangle','Hard square','Harder square', 'Taper', 'Sine', 'Fish', 'Add square', 'Lips'
- Responsive and smart GUI with tooltips
- Parameters can be reset to the default value with right-click->reset
- Switching the effect type now selects good default paramter values
- 4 additional sound categories 'Wobble', 'Pluck', 'Pad 2' and 'Sequence'
- Edit->'Clean matrix' cleans up the mod matrix and resets unused slots
- Edit->'Reset midi learn' removes all midi CC assignments
- Added a 'Hypersaw' effect, which sounds like many detuned oscillators
- 32 bit wav file format support
- Support for exotic wav file headers (Logic X)
- Help->'Show version info'
- Help->'Download updates'
- Edit->'Init gate: Ramp up / down / up & down / down & up / random' initializes varius shapes for the step sequencer